Friday, November 5, 2010

I can read.

We decided not to send Dallas to preschool this year so we have been doing some home-school.  He actually loves it and is so eager to learn new things. 
 Making a name picture out of noodles.
 My sister in-law gave me this cool book to teach your child to read.  It took a few tries to actually get going on the lessons, but Dallas is reading so well and Brock and I are still blown away at how smart he is.

This is an example of one of the "stories"  he is reading .  (although this was about a month ago)
If you are wanting to teach your child to read I would strongly recommend this book:
TEACH YOUR CHILD TO READ IN 100 EASY LESSONS
by: Engelmann, Haddox, and Bruner
It is totally different from how I learned how to read, but it works!!


1 comment:

Stephanie Salmon said...

That's funny. I just heard about that same book from someone else recently. Hopefully by the time Mckinley is old enough, I will remember who it is I should ask about it, because I know I will forget the name of it. I love Dallas! It doesn't surprise me at all that he can read. He is such a smarty pants. And so stinking cute!